Saturday 5 June 2010

Oh that nostalgic feeling...

Ain't it funny how all it takes is one compliment to make your day. Maybe it is because I find her amazingly attractive. Not just looks wise but she's got a real unique personality which I really dig. Yes I am going with dig. Maybe it is because she's not my usual type. Maybe it is because I've always kinda had this lil crush on her since back in the day.

*On another note, isn't it weird how young people like me actually try to use that phrase. 'Back in the day.' Back in my day would actually be referring to my young teenage days. Not much impact there eh..

I suddenly had a Beatles moment today. Remembered back when my mum had control of the car radio and would play either the Beatles, ABBA or Kenny Rogers. I d/l two of my fav songs. 'Hey jude and when I saw her standing there. There's nothing like flashes from your childhood to help with thesis completion stress. It's on repeat now. =)

Met up with HS before coffee with Rae n Navin. She's got a big decision coming over the horizon. Two boys - always a tricky situation, laced with minefields. I remember when I had to make a choice similar to that. I particulary remember feeling it was like the biggest decision I ever had to make. Boy was i VERY wong and EXTREMELY naive back then.

Remembering past encounters, choices and so on can be quite fun. A good nostalgic session can sometimes, on extremely rare occasions, be a helthy replacement to getting high. One can see where you've been or how far you've come. But as always good things must have its limits. Too much of a good thing and all that jazz. Because in the end, you're in the here and now and should always concentrate on that. Too much and you'll end up reaching a 'what if?' Never consider a 'what if?' i say. Not that i've taken my own advice but based on those personal experiences, one should really stay clear of those kinda day dreams.

Anyways I'm off. I got an early start tomorrow for football and I gotta finish my OrgComm assignment by tomorrow night. I forsee a long tiring day.

Laters..

Current Beat: The Isley Brothers - Shout (Mater Music Remix)

Quote of the day: *Me teasing Axy about Australia loosing to the US in a friendly football match

ME: Ouch! Maybe you SHOULD opt for England this year eh?

AXY: I don't see Malaysia in the wc buddy.

No comments: