Monday 1 March 2010

Letter to Mr Brightside

Dear Mr Brightside,

Its been almost four years since we last crossed paths. And boy did you leave a lasting impression. Now it meet again and it makes me sad, knowing that after four years some things haven't changed. Yes I am older. I am wiser (albeit only slightly and my recent actions say otherwise).

What matters however is not what has changed but what has not. I find myself in that dark place once again. The place I swore never to return to again but yet here we are. And like before I know what needs to be done. I know how to ease the pain. How to lessen the ache. And also like before I find myself not taking my own advice but doing the total opposite.

Now don't get me wrong. I do not blame or hate you for what has happened. How could I? Yours is a tale of wrong place wrong time. I just resent that you were present for two of the most vulnerable moments of my life.

And if it makes you feel any better, there has been once significant change. The last time, I heard you once then never again. This time however I find myself constantly seeking your solace. Guess there's hope for me yet.

Yours truly,

Me.

I'm coming out of my cage
And I’ve been doing just fine
Gotta gotta be down
Because I want it all
It started out with a kiss
How did it end up like this?
It was only a kiss, it was only a kiss
Now I’m falling asleep
And she’s calling a cab
While he’s having a smoke
And she’s taking a drag
Now they’re going to bed
And my stomach is sick
And it’s all in my head
But she’s touching his chest
Now, he takes off her dress
Now, letting me go

And I just can’t look - it's killing me
And taking control
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Turning through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis
But it’s just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I’m Mr Brightside

No comments: