Saturday 16 April 2011

There's optimism and then there's optimism

No seriously. I'm not being cynical. Like many Malaysians I too nervously await the Sarawak elections results. These results will determine the next year or so in Malaysian politics. The big question being when is GE13?

How can one not sit and stare at their prefered online site? Clicking refresh every couple of minutes.

If there was ever a time for change and hope, this is it! But we shouldn't count our chickens before the eggs have hatched. The BN have had a lot of practice with winning elections and staying in power.

I for one do not expect a tsunami victory. I am hopefull that we can deny BN a two third majority and considering that during the last state elections, we only won 7/71seats, that itself I feel will be a victory worth celebrating.

Sooooo - until the EC announces official results i will be hopefull. Not optimistic, just hopeful.

No comments: